A highly sought-after young classic: the Mercedes-Benz 500 E
Anyone in the know will already be slavering at this model designation: launched in 1990, 25 years ago, the Mercedes-Benz 500 E with V8 engine and subtly muscular body is the top-of-the-range model in the 124 model series – and has long been one of the brand’s most desirable ‘young classic’ models. (more…)
At the Classic Days Schloss Dyck 2015, Mercedes-Benz Classic is reawakening fond memories of the outstanding victory in the 1955 Mille Miglia: from 31 July to 2 August 2015, a vehicle display in the paddock and special Mercedes-Benz demonstration runs will commemorate the success stories associated with this legendary 1000-mile race.
A dream come true: 60 years of the Mercedes-Benz 190 SL
Open for joie de vivre, elegance, and departure to new destinations: the eagerly awaited Mercedes-Benz 190 SL (W 121) was launched in 1955.
The two-seater Cabriolet technologically based on the upper mid-size category brought joy and colour to everyday life during the years of the economic miracle.
· Unbroken tradition from 1951 through today
· Outstanding car in every detail – comfort, safety, engineering, design
· World’s best-selling premium-class car
- Public premiere for this trendsetting one-of-a-kind model dating from 1938
- In addition: Mercedes Grand Prix racing car of 1914 recalls historic one-two-three victory of 100 years ago
- Most powerful and fastest diesel car of its day
- Innovative starting technology: a turn of the ignition key was all it took
- “Stroke/8” model series set the standards in the premium middle-class category