Mercedes-Benz delivered 211,286 vehicles to customers in September (+12.1%), more than ever before in one month. This means that for Mercedes-Benz, the third quarter of this year is the quarter with the highest unit sales so far.
In the three core regions of Europe, Asia-Pacific and NAFTA, new sales records were set for the month of September, the third quarter and the year to date.
Unit sales of the SUVs and the E-Class were particularly strong last month. At smart, the anniversary of two million cars sold since 1998 was celebrated. (more…)
More than 13 million E-Class Saloons and Estates delivered to customers worldwide
- Most important sales markets include China, the USA, and Germany
- The E-Class is the first locally produced vehicle from Mercedes-Benz in China
- Ola Källenius, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, responsible for Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales: “The E-Class is the highest volume Mercedes-Benz model of all time.”
- In June, global unit sales of Mercedes-Benz increased by 19.3% to 169,616 vehicles and, in the first half of the year, by 14.7% to 898,425 vehicles.
- Ola Källenius, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, responsible for Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales: “June saw Mercedes-Benz complete not only the best ever first half of the year in terms of sales, but, with 38.5% growth, we have also recorded the strongest sales month in China.”
- Sales growth of 16.5% in Germany and 17.2% in Great Britain in June
- Sales records in the first half of the year for CLA (+25.5%), C-Class Saloon and Estate (+58.7%)
- Dr. Joachim Schmidt:
- “Despite numerous model changeovers and the difficult market environment in Southern Europe, we sold more vehicles than ever before in September and in the third quarter.”
- “Thus we are still on track to achieve a new sales record for the year as a whole. We expect further momentum in the fourth quarter, especially from our new models.”
- Sales are up again in Western Europe; strong growth particularly in UK
- Mercedes-Benz is the premium brand with the highest number of new vehicle registrations in the U.S. and Germany in 2012
- New models in high demand: B-Class, M-Class and GLK all post record sales in September