Ten new plug-in hybrids by 2017
Stuttgart/San Francisco. Extra impetus for the Mercedes-Benz strategic hybrid initiative: In the run-up to 2017 the company is bringing out a total of ten plug-in hybrid models, i.e. one new model with high-tech hybrid drive every four months on average.
Following the successful launch of the S 500 PLUG-IN HYBRID, this month will see the C 350 e, the second model to feature the progressive drive concept, find its way to dealerships.
Efficiency, dynamism and comfort – the best of three worlds
Stuttgart. Following its premiere in the S-Class, Mercedes-Benz is now offering its most advanced hybrid technology yet in the C-Class and, for the first time, also in an Estate model.
The dynamism and efficiency of the C 350 PLUG-IN HYBRID make it a convincing proposition in both its Saloon and its Estate guise.
With a range of 31 kilometres in purely electric mode, local emission-free driving is now a reality.
Its four-cylinder petrol engine, in conjunction with a powerful electric motor, gives it a total system output of 205 kW (279 hp) and torque of 600 Nm.
First PLUG-IN HYBRID with a star starts
Stuttgart. With immediate effect the Mercedes-Benz S 500 PLUG-IN HYBRID can be ordered for prices from 108,944.50 euros. The
S 500 PLUG-IN HYBRID blends an ultramodern hybrid drive configuration with the unique innovations and the luxurious equipment and appointments of the S-Class.
E 300 BlueTEC HYBRID is awarded Environmental Certificate
Stuttgart – At the same time as it celebrates its market launch, the E 300 BlueTEC HYBRID has now also obtained its Environmental Certificate in accordance with ISO standard 14062. This award is based on a Life Cycle Assessment, in which the independent inspectors of TÜV Süd subject the vehicle to comprehensive tests covering the entire life cycle.
The world’s most economical luxury-class model
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 BlueTEC HYBRID: 4.2 l of diesel/100 km, 109 g of CO2/km
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 HYBRID: fuel economy of 27 mpg
- More torque and performance without compromising on space and usable boot volume
- Available in Saloon and Estate versions (E 300 BlueTEC HYBRID)
- Modular hybrid concept using lithium-ion batteries
- Reduction in CO2 emissions and fuel consumption of around
- 15 percent compared with the E 250 CDI
- Impressive driving experience thanks to start/stop function, regenerative braking, boost effect, purely electric motoring and “sailing” function
- Electric operation with hybrid drive system
- 20-30 percent lower diesel consumption and CO2 emissions
- No emissions and practically silent during some stretches along the routes
- One of the world’s largest lithium-ion batteries in use in a vehicle
- Customer field test (more…)