- Available as standard equipment in the Mercedes-Benz S-Class since February 2005
- Standard equipment on the new generation E-Class 2006-
- Braking distance reduced by more than four metres at a speed of 80 km/h
Along with Brake Assist PLUS, Mercedes engineers have developed another system to help reduce the high number of dangerous rear-end collisions that occur on the road.
This new technology more effectively warns drivers travelling behind of the danger of a rear-end collision by causing the front vehicle’s brake lights to blink in critical situations.
Adaptive brake light: Effective warning to prevent rear-end collisions
- Standard equipment in the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class W221
- Braking distance shortened by more than four metres at 80 km/h