Dyn APS – Dynamic Autopilot SystemOn February 14, 2010 by PeterH
No map display, just arrows, distance indicators, and voice instructions turn-by-turn.
The Auto-Pilot System APS, developed by Bosch-Blaupunkt and Mercedes-Benz, is a satellite-supported navigation system, which will soon make it easy to get to your destination even in totally unknown surroundings.
The route calculation of the navigation system takes into account the actual traffic news like traffic jams and detours.
The driver enters the town and street and the system guides him along the quickest route to his or her destination. The required information is obtained from the digital road map stored on a CD-ROM or DVD. A magnetic field sensor informs the system about the current driving direction. The APS sensors provide information about the driving route and speed. And the exact geographic location of the vehicle is determined by a satellite-supported navigation system (GPS).
- COMAND APS multimedia and navigation system Free map update for three years in 39 European countries
- ADS – Adaptive Dampening System
- Sensotronic Brake System SBC
- Intelligent Light System / Adaptive Highbeam Assist
- New “Active Brake Assist 2” system in the Mercedes-Benz Actros: the world’s safest truck is now even safer
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.