New Mercedes-Benz GLC genuine accessories
Mercedes-Benz will show how its vehicles can be individualised to an exceptionally high standard with products from Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH on a GLC 250 d 4MATIC model being exhibited by the brand at the Frankfurt International Motor Show.
And this new mid-size SUV, celebrating its show premiere, is not the only model on display sporting genuine accessories; the featured S-Class Cabriolet, which also has its world premiere at the Frankfurt International Motor Show: the open-top four-seater is fitted with striking 50.8 cm (20-inch) 10-spoke light-alloy wheels in matt Himalaya grey from Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH.
One particular attraction for model-car collectors is the “Mercedes-AMG GT Camouflage Design” – a limited-edition special model only available at the Frankfurt International Motor Show.
On the public days, Mercedes-Benz fans visiting the stand on Level 0 in Hall 2 can also purchase souvenirs or gifts in the shop, which offers a choice of 100 model cars ranging from the Daimler Motorised Carriage to the AMG GT S.
One special highlight is the “Mercedes-AMG GT S Camouflage Design” model car in a scale of 1:18, which can be purchased exclusively at the Frankfurt International Motor Show (€249).
The exclusive special model is a limited edition of 190 and differs from the regular model by virtue of its paintwork in matt green with black flames based on the disguised Mercedes-AMG GT S prototype, the likewise green/black interior and equipment such as the Night package plus black cross-spoke wheels.
Among the other items available on the show stand are high-quality accessories, exclusive leather goods, practical sports goods and fine watches from the extensive 2015 Mercedes Benz Collection, including products from the Classic Selection and AMG Selection plus highlights from the Mercedes-Benz Motorsports Selection.
The centrepiece of Mercedes-Benz Accessories’ appearance at the 2015 Frankfurt International Motor Show is the new Mercedes-Benz GLC.
Under the label Mercedes-Benz Sport Equipment, Mercedes-Benz offers a portfolio of elegant and sporty products designed to add individual appeal.
The show car, the all new GLC 250 d 4MATIC, includes the following genuine accessories among others:
- The illuminated Mercedes star creates an extraordinary look by night (and when the engine is switched off). Fibre-optic cables and LED lights illuminate the central star on the radiator grille when the car is locked and unlocked by remote control, and when the doors or the load compartment are opened.
- The GLC’s dynamic looks are underlined by the Mercedes-Benz Sport Equipment 2-piece rear spoiler.
- With their grained black finish, the Mercedes-Benz Sport Equipment design trim elements add a dynamic finishing touch to the GLC’s car’s exterior.
- The two external rear-mirror housings in high-glossy black also add a sporty accent.
- High-sheen chromed trim elements in the air intakes and the rear trim strip add a distinctive accent for an individual look.
- High-gloss chrome-plated door handle recesses protect against scratching in this area and make for a high-quality, individual look.
- As one example of the extensive range of wheels available for the new GLC, the show car is fitted with 50.8 cm (20-inch) 5-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in black with a high-sheen finish.
- Black hub caps, similarly available as genuine accessories, individualise the look and also protect the wheel hubs against dirt.
- Even the tyre valves feature genuine accessories in the shape of black trim caps. On the upper side there is an embossed star logo beneath transparent plastic.
- Up to three bikes can be transported easily and safely using the rear-mounted cycle rack that sits on the trailer coupling. The wheels of the bikes are fastened in cradles that can be moved along the base rails to fit the bike’s wheelbase. Like the brackets that fix the bike frames in place, these are equipped with quick-release fasteners. The rear-mounted cycle rack, which has a payload of up to 56 kilograms, can be folded together, giving it compact dimensions of 64.5 x 73.5 x 47 cm (W x D x H).
- There is even more stowage space on the roof: mounted on the show car’s basic carrier bars is a roof box 400, the medium-size version of the three available boxes. This multifunction box has a capacity of around 400 litres. It boasts many advantages, not least its aerodynamic design plus the high-quality and extremely durable material from which it is made. Loading and unloading are particularly easy as the roof box can be opened from both sides.
- There are intelligent transport solutions inside the car, too: the shallow boot tub has a slightly raised edge and fits the load area perfectly. Its honeycomb structure prevents the load from slipping and makes it easy to attach the optionally available stowage box.
- The illuminated door sill panel is a distinctive and eye-catching feature whether during the day or at night. The lettering, illuminated in brilliant white, is set in an elegant polished stainless steel panel. The products from the Style & Travel Equipment range help make the rear of the GLC even more functional. A basic support clamped between the posts of the front head restraints acts as a holder for further accessories.
- The support can be combined, for example, with a folding table. This table not only folds up, but its height and angle can be adjusted too.
Non-binding recommended price for Germany including 19% VAT.